I’ve been napping a lot today after playing with a bunch of dogs on the beach. Mum told me I had to wake up and write a blog as I haven’t written one for much too long. I was travelling across Canada so my internet access was sketchy. I was also too busy rip-snorting around different areas of Canada having fun. I can now proudly say I have made my mark in every province except for Newfoundland.
I’ve been busy here in Tofino and I’ve made new friends. There is even a Chocolate Lab here that is 8 years old, and her name is Bella too. What are the odds? We like to play together, although sometimes I get to rough. Bella’s dad Allan tells me I can’t be naughty. What I really love about Tofino is the beach. I get to meet friends from all over the world that are visiting Tofino.
It was back on October 17, that Mum and Papa told Paris and I that we were moving to our new home – Crystal Cove Beach Resort in Tofino, British Columbia. Driving from PEI to British Columbia was a good time and I learned a lot. I spent every day smelling new smells. I met my cousin Riley in Ontario and even swam in Lake Erie. I managed to go for a run on the prairies, walk the trails of Jasper National Park, and smell the poo of Big Horned Sheep.
Now I live in a wild place here in Tofino. A place where everything is green and I hear the thunder of the Pacific Ocean on the beach at night. I can also hear my ancestors howling sometimes. I love it in Tofino so much, I made a list of what I love most about Tofino….
1. All the smells are new. I can smell Coastal Wolves, giant marine plants that wash up onto the beach, and surfers. I’d never smelled a surfer until I came to Tofino. They smell like patchouli oil and the ocean.
2. I get a cookie every time I go into the office at Crystal Cove. They love dogs here and everyone tells me how pretty I am. Jenn, J.J. Katie, and Grace are my new human friends. I can’t help but get silly around Jenn.
3. The big trees. There is a hollowed out tree here that I could use as my dog house. It would need upgrades, though, like a heated mattress, and a sign that says, “Paris Frances Not Allowed.”
4. Mum and Papa are home almost all the time. Mum works, but she doesn’t bring her work home anymore so she spends more time with me giving me kisses and treats.
5. All my friends run loose on the beaches here in the off-season. We aren’t supposed to, but all the parents clean up after everyone and make sure everyone is behaving. Sometimes I get too playful and have to go back on my leash, though.
6. Paris Frances has started sleeping in the upper bunk (on top of the earthquake kit) in the RV, which means I don’t have to see her as much.
7. I’ve walked on almost all the trails at the Pacific Rim National Park Reserve. It’s a great place to see a temperate rainforest, look at giant trees, and practice my physio on the stairs. Dr. Carla says I must do stairs to keep my bad knee strong.
8. I get to eat expensive food now because Mum doesn’t like the other choices in Tofino. One store in Tofino has the Blue dog food.
9. It rains a lot which means I sleep a lot on the couch and I am well rested for when it doesn’t rain.
That is my list of favorite things about Tofino. Please feel free to ask me any questions and between naps/walks at the beach, I will respond. It might just take a while. Typing is hard when you don’t have thumbs like the humans do.